No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
Ford EcoBoost 300
Bristol Motor Speedway
Saturday, March 17, 2012
TV: ESPN at 1:00 PM ET Radio: MRN/Sirius 90
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger News and Notes
• This Week's Challenger... Brad Keselowski and the Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-219 during Saturday's Ford EcoBoost 300 at Bristol Motor Speedway (BMS). This is a new chassis to the No. 22 fleet.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger in 2012... Following three points-paying events, Keselowski and the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team sits eighth in the NNS owner point standings following a 23rd-place finish last weekend at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
• Keselowski Climbing the Charts... By taking the checkered flag in the 2011 season-finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway, Keselowski claimed sole possession of 15th place on the NNS all-time wins list with 17 victories. Keselowski is now three wins away from tying Greg Biffle for 14th place on the all-time list.
• Besting the Bristol Bullring... One of the toughest short tracks in America, BMS has proven to be a challenge for some of the best drivers in NASCAR. Keselowski, however, lists BMS as one of his favorite venues. He owns one NNS win – along with one Cup Series victory – at the "World's Fastest Half-Mile" and was in position for a second in the 2010 spring race as he and former teammate, Justin Allgaier, raced side-by-side in the closing laps. In nine NNS starts at BMS, Keselowski has recorded one win, four top-five finishes and two poles, while leading 201 laps.
• Keselowski Short Track Stats... In 32 short track starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated five wins, 15 top-five finishes, 20 top-10 results and three pole awards. In addition, he has led the field for 696 laps at tracks less than one mile in length.
• Pick 22 To Win... Discount Tire, America's largest tire and wheel retailer, and NASCAR champion driver Brad Keselowski, are providing an exciting way for race fans to follow the action and win great prizes with the Pick 22 to Win online sweepstakes. At pick22towin.com fans select where Keselowski and his No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger will finish in a designated Nationwide Series race. There are 15 separate Nationwide Series races for fans to participate in for a chance to win free sets of tires and great autographed Brad Keselowski race gear.
Brad Keselowski on his start to the 2012 Nationwide Series season
"I'm really happy with the speed in our Discount Tire Dodge Challenger. Speed is the foundation for everything we do. From there it is a matter of execution. I feel like we gave one away last weekend at Las Vegas. It happens to everyone. The championship – in this case the owner's championship for us – comes down to the team that minimizes their mistakes."
Brad Keselowski on racing this weekend at Bristol
"To me, Bristol is the most exciting track we visit all year and these Nationwide Series cars put on a heck of a show there. This kind of racing really fits my driving style. It reminds me of the short tracks I grew up racing in Michigan and Ohio. My 2008 win at Bristol is among my biggest and I would love to add another this weekend."
Crew chief Jeremy Bullins on getting his Discount Tire Dodge team to Victory Lane
"The most important thing for us is to bounce back from a somewhat disappointing race last weekend at Las Vegas with another strong run at Bristol. Brad really gets around Bristol well. Hopefully we'll give him a car that turns well in the middle and is strong on corner exit. We had fast cars the last two weekends. We just need to finish the deal on Saturday."