No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
O'Reilly Auto Parts 300
Texas Motor Speedway
Friday, April 13, 2012
TV: ESPN2 at 8:00 PM ET Radio: PRN/Sirius 90
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger News and Notes
• This Week's Challenger... Brad Keselowski and the Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-228 during Friday night's O'Reilly Auto Parts 300 at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS). This is a new chassis to the No. 22 fleet.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger in 2012... Following five points-paying events, Keselowski and the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team sit third in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) owner point standings following a third-place finish two weeks ago at Auto Club Speedway.
• Keselowski Climbing the Charts... By taking the checkered flag in the 2011 season-finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway, Keselowski claimed sole possession of 15th place on the NNS all-time wins list with 17 victories. Keselowski is now three wins away from tying Greg Biffle for 14th place on the all-time list.
• Keselowski Speedway Stats...In 104 speedway starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated nine wins, 47 top-five finishes, 66 top-10 results and six pole awards. In addition, he has led the field for 1,714 laps at tracks between one and two miles in length.
• Meet Brad... Keselowski will make a Discount Tire appearance at Speedzone Dallas located at 11130 Malibu Drive in Dallas, Texas at 4 pm CT on Wednesday, April 11.
• Pick 22 To Win... Discount Tire, America's largest tire and wheel retailer, and NASCAR champion driver Brad Keselowski, are providing an exciting way for race fans to follow the action and win great prizes with the Pick 22 to Win online sweepstakes. At pick22towin.com fans select where Keselowski and his No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger will finish in a designated Nationwide Series race. There are 15 separate Nationwide Series races for fans to participate in for a chance to win free sets of tires and great autographed Brad Keselowski race gear.
Brad Keselowski on racing at Texas Motor Speedway
"Texas is an extremely fast track in any kind of car, but no stock car gives you the sensation of speed that the Nationwide Series car does. It actually feels faster than a Cup car. You enter Turn 1 at around 190-195 mph, depending on whether you are in race trim or qualifying trim. If your car is handling the way it needs to, you'll go through that corner without lifting, or barely lifting, out of the throttle. You're on the edge the entire lap and if you don't hit your marks you can easily end up in the wall. I'm excited about the car we're bringing and I think we can run up front and contend for the win."
Crew chief Jeremy Bullins on Texas Motor Speedway
"By far, the most important thing to work on when going to Texas is making sure you get over the bumps in Turn 1 without upsetting the car. It is one of the fastest corners we see all year and it doesn't take much to get out of shape. If you can get through that corner and keep the car turning, the rest of the lap should be pretty fast. This Discount Tire Dodge has been really good on the intermediate tracks this year. Each time we visit a place like Texas, I think we are one of the cars to beat. We're all anxious to get that first win out of the way because it seems like once you do that, they can come in bunches. We've had the speed this year and it's time to put it all together."