No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
Virginia 529 College Savings 250
Richmond International Raceway
Friday, April 27, 2012
TV: ESPN2 at 7:00 PM ET Radio: MRN/Sirius 90
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger News and Notes
• This Week's Challenger... Brad Keselowski and the Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-211 during Friday night's Virginia 529 College Savings 250 at Richmond International Raceway (RIR). Keselowski drove this chassis to a second-place finish at Phoenix International Raceway in March.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger in 2012... Following six points-paying events, Keselowski and the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team sit eighth in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) owner point standings following a 35th-place finish two weeks ago at Texas Motor Speedway.
• Keselowski Climbing the Charts... By taking the checkered flag in the 2011 season-finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway, Keselowski claimed sole possession of 15th place on the NNS all-time wins list with 17 victories. Keselowski is now three wins away from tying Greg Biffle for 14th place on the all-time list.
• Keselowski Short Track Stats... In 33 short track starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated five wins, 16 top-five finishes, 21 top-10 results and three pole awards. In addition, he has led the field for 696 laps at tracks less than one mile in length.
• Another Top-Five Streak... Keselowski's 19th-place finish in the last NNS race at RIR can be considered nothing short of an anomaly. Prior to that finish, the former series champion was riding a streak of five-consecutive top-five finishes at the .75-mile track. He and new crew chief Jeremy Bullins will look to start their own streak this weekend.
• Pick 22 To Win... Discount Tire, America's largest tire and wheel retailer, and NASCAR champion driver Brad Keselowski, are providing an exciting way for race fans to follow the action and win great prizes with the Pick 22 to Win online sweepstakes. At pick22towin.com fans select where Keselowski and his No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger will finish in a designated Nationwide Series race. There are 15 separate Nationwide Series races for fans to participate in for a chance to win free sets of tires and great autographed Brad Keselowski race gear.
Brad Keselowski on racing at Richmond International Raceway
"I feel as though I have a good understanding of what I need to run well at Richmond and that makes it easy to communicate that to my crew chief and team. As a result, we've been able to put together some good finishes at Richmond. To me, it's the ultimate short track. There is a reason that most drivers put it right at the top of their list of favorite tracks. It's night racing, under the lights, which is similar to what most of us grew up doing. You can run side-by-side and rub fenders and do all of the things that the fans want to see. It's just an exciting racetrack and I feel like we can put the Discount Tire Dodge in Victory Lane this weekend."
Crew chief Jeremy Bullins on racing at Richmond
"Richmond is a track that suits Brad's aggressive driving style. If your car is working like you want, you can really charge the corners because they are so wide and sweeping. Just like any short track, we'll make sure we keep forward bite in the car all night. Brad has been impressive at Richmond over the last couple of years. Personally I've enjoyed a lot of success at Richmond and look forward to the challenges the track presents. I'm confident we can contend for the win this weekend."